Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's The Great Pumpkin

I love football, so cooking on football Sundays in the fall is always an event I am excited about. It has been a long time since I have watched football alone and cooked for myself - I usually tailgated with the ex and tried to plan elaborate meals days in advance. While today was not an easy day watching the Giants game alone, I refused to give up my tailgating tradition. It wasn't elaborate, but I did it and that is all that matters.

The pumpkin trenette I purchased from Williams Sonoma this past week was the dish of choice. Unfortunately, the fiore pasta from Italy is not available to order on the website. If you do not have a store by you, try and order it online here. Its not the same, but I am sure it is good enough as a substitute unless you enjoy making your own fresh pasta (in which case there are plenty of recipes out there).

So I cooked it according to directions and made a brown butter and sage sauce. I brown unsalted butter and added a pinch of freshly chopped sage and let it brown for five minutes. I then grated some parmasean cheese, poured myself a nice hefeweizen, and had some good comfort food. At least the Giants did not break my heart and won the game today.

As for dessert...that will be a slice of bakery made pumpkin pie.

No comments: